The St. Andrew’s Church, a world-significance monument of architecture and monumental painting of the 18th century, is situated on the Hill of the same name above Andriivskyi Descent. The Church was built in 1762 in the Baroque style in honour of the visit of the Empress Elizabeth Petrovna to the city and is one of the two works of the famous architect Bartolomeo Rastrelli in Kyiv. The building’s specific features are its location on a two-storey stylobate, rich decoration, compactness, the absence of choirs and bells.
It is this Church on whose steps the episodes of Chasing Two Hares were filmed; so there is a monument to Pronia Prokopivna and Holokhvastov nearby. Around the Church, a sightseeing platform offering an incredible view of the city has been arranged.