A beautiful modern building on 8 Melnyka Street got its name due to the images of irises on its façade. It was built in 1910–1911 for the Chairman of the Kyiv District Court, Nikolai Grabar, to the design of Vladimir Bezsmertny who was also the author of House with Cats. Still in the territory of the manor there was an outbuilding, which has now been converted into a garage, as well as a garden, which has not survived till the present time.
The Grabar family had lived in the house until 1918, and then it began to be used as a revenue house. In 1921, the Bolsheviks nationalised the mansion and used it for various institutions: an orphanage, a vocational school, a Ukrainian branch of the All-Union Society for Cultural Relations with Foreign Countries, and the Institute of Gas Use in Utilities and Industry of the Academy of Sciences of the Ukrainian SSR. Currently, the building is also occupied by administrative organisations and needs repairs.