The courtyard at the intersection of Khoryva and Mezhyhirska Streets is not at all inferior to the famous courtyards of Odesa. It was formed between the buildings of the estate of the merchant of the first guild Soltanov, whose construction began in the 1860s. The first one was a two-storey outbuilding. The main house consists of two parts built in 1898 and 1900 in the Neo-Renaissance style, with mezzanines and rich decoration. The façades are decorated with pilasters, mascarones, moulded flower garlands, cartouches, etc. The manor was designed by architect Martin Klug. At different times, the building housed: a wallpaper workshop, a tin shop, workshops for the manufacture of men’s clothing and shoe repair. In 1896–1903, a factory producing artificial mineral water operated in the outbuilding.