Located near the confluence of the Lybid and the Dnieper, the Bald Hill has had a mystical reputation since ancient times. The legend mentions it as a ritual hill, with its summit periodically burned by the gods with lightning in an attempt to target the places of accumulation of evil forces. At the time of the baptism of Rus, an idol of Perun, thrown into the river, floated out of the Dnieper at the foot of the Bald Hill. And as legend has it, the nearby caves still keep the souls of buried people who once hid here from the invasion of Batu Khan’s troops.
Until the 19th century, the lands of the Bald Hill had been in the possession of the Pechersk Monastery, until the fortifications of the New Pechersk Fortress were erected on them. Their remains can still be seen today. At the beginning of the 20th century, executions were carried out in Lysohorskyi Fort. It was within its walls on the night of September 12, 1911 that the assassin of Pyotr Stolypin, Dmytri Bogrov, was executed. During the Second World War, a base of German tanks was located in its dungeons.
In 1982, the Bald Hill received the status of a natural reserve, which was marked by the installation of a memorial stone. Today, it is a popular meeting place for neo-pagans and representatives of youth subcultures.