The River Station on Poshtova Ploshcha (Postal Square) had been as the main river port on the Dnieper in Kyiv for long. The building was erected in 1957–1961 in the style of modernism. It is a two-storey building from the side of the square, and from the Dnieper side it has four floors, which housed administrative and utility premises, booking offices, storage rooms, a post office, a café, and a communication point, fairway review points, and an alarm systems in the round tower in the centre. The interiors are decorated with modernist mosaics. Now the building is not used as intended. Various exhibitions and events are held here on a regular basis.
The preliminary design project provides for building a tourist centre with restaurants, clubs, swimming pools, etc. Now, during the warm season, the Bukhta food court operates in front of the station.