The Brodsky Synagogue is the central synagogue of Kyiv, built in 1898 on the money of Lazar Brodsky to the design of Georg Schleifer. Later, a library was opened there with a valuable collection of Torah scrolls and ritual relics. Since 1926, the Soviet authorities closed the synagogue; at various times, its premises housed a club, a political school, a military-sanitary club, a tailoring school, and a puppet theatre.
In the 1970s, the premises lost their original appearance following the reconstruction. In 1992, the Synagogue resumed its religious services, and the festive opening took place in 2000.