The history of the Holosiivskyi Intercession Monastery, also known as the Holosiivska Pustyn, dates back to 1631 when the Metropolitan Petro Mohyla founded there the Church of the St. John of Suceava, the heavenly patron of Moldova. Later, the place became the summer residence of the metropolitans, and wooden cells were built. The Monastery was transferred to Kyiv City Executive Committee in 1919, and to the Agricultural Academy a few years later. In the post-war period, the Monastery’s buildings were used as utility premises, and in the 1950s and 1960s, the Soviet authorities completely destroyed all churches of the Monastery. Since 1993, the reconstruction of the Holosiivska Pustyn began. The Church of the Icon of the Mother of God the Life-Giving Spring, the monastic cemetery, the fraternal and administrative buildings, the vicar’s house, the farm yard, the church shop and the Refectory Church have already been restored.
Next to Holosiivskyi Holy Intercession Monastery (Holosiivska Pustyn)