Known since 1837, this Street ran from the Square of Contracts (Kontraktova Ploshcha) to Obolon’s meadows and led to a road to Vyshhorod. Throughout the years of its existence, its name has been changed several times. The Street received its modern name in 1869 in honour of the Saints Kostiantyn and Elena Church situated nearby and destroyed in 1930.
The architecture of Kostyantynivska Street, like that of Podil in general, is interesting because the oldest buildings stand at the beginning of the Street, closer to the Square of Contracts, and further, to the north of Shchekavytska Street, followed by the buildings dated back to the second half of the 20th century. Among the Street’s memorials there are the Guest House, Samson Fountain, and the mansion of the Wójt of Kyiv, Ivan Bykowski.
Since 1891, a tram line has been running through Kostiantynivska Street — first a horse-drawn, and since 1894 an electric one, connecting Podil with Kurenivka and Pushcha-Vodytsia.